Written Dracosian history generally begins at the establishment of the empire and is divided into 4 distinct periods spanning from a few years Before the The Founding (BtF) to 1211 After the Founding (AtF):
- The Generation of the Founders (aka the first Horde Invasion)
- Year -4 (BtF): A sneak attack from the Badlands erupts in a single massive confrontation at the Battle of Smoragdus and Aquillus. The good races unite to banish an Ancient Evil that is in control of the Horde. The Elves push back the Horde, but only after the Dragonborn lose the Thirteenth Legion while defeating the Emerald Dragon; the Elven Druids are decimated as they manage to somehow trap the ancient evil.
- Year -1 (BtF): The Elves found Feyendell.
- Year 1 (AtF): The Dracosian Empire is formally established.
- Year 2 (AtF): Worship of Moradin is established as the official religion of the Empire.
- Year 17 (AtF): The secret society known as the Cult of Moradin gains a foothold in Dragonborn society. The cult is viciously dedicated to the eradication of other religions.
- Year 21 (AtF): Ironside, the capital of the Dwarven nation is founded to secure the north east border of the empire.
- Year 29 (AtF): The Genasi are allowed on the council, but like the Dragonborn, they have no vote.
- The Era of Plenty (ending in the Elven Diaspora)
- Year 40 (AtF): Elven spies discover that the Tiefling are in league with the Ancient Evil after an honorable Tiefling and an Elf meet in the Tiefling capital to trade information. The information proves that the Tiefling know where and how to release the Ancient Evil, and to protect the empire the council decides that all trade with the Tiefling will be banned. The embargo is enforced by the Elves, and the Tiefling swear revenge on the elves who they blame for their exclusion.
- Year 928 (AtF): A great plague engineered by the Tiefling sweeps through the empire. It is widely believed that the Elves are responsible for the plague as millions die. In response to the false accusations, Elves begin to withdraw from the Empire to the Feywild.
- The Time of the Dragon (Horde Invasion II)
- Year 996 (AtF): The Tiefling openly align with the Horde. Humans and Dragonborn secretly research to discover how to summon ancient dragons to fight with them.
- Year 999 (AtF): The second invasion of the Horde; A strained alliance of Humans, Elves, Dwarves, and Dragonborn unite to fight the combined Tiefling and Orkish invasion. As the Empires armies barely hold their own against the invading Orcs and Tieflings, a Gnomish spy is revealed to be listening and recording the strategy of the Alliances top Generals. The Human General heroically kills the spy, preventing what he believes is a breach of security. Unfortunately, he unwittingly stops the Gnome from telling of the Elven plan to use environmental disaster to defeat the invading armies. The Humans and Dragonborn pushback the Orkish and Tiefling invasion with the aid of one Ancient Dragon. The Elves are greatly angered about calling forth an ancient dragon for aid, and use their power to make it impossible to summon ancient dragons in the future. The Dragonborn take the one Ancient Dragon to a remote hidden island and start breeding it with Drakes (using ancient magic to seal the breading) to create mounts in an attempt to recover their place of power.
- The Modern Age (Horde Invasion III)
- Year 1210 (AtF): The Dwarven King declares that after a century of peace, all Dwarves must register their weapons, and martial training is no longer allowed. Unknown to all, the King was being blackmailed by the Tiefling, who kidnapped his son whom the King knew to have intelligence vital to defeating the Ancient Evil. The King allowed his body to be controlled by a Tiefling spy in his court, and helplessly witnessed his own body give the order to murder the Genasi ambassador. When his Captain of the Guard protested, he was murdered as well.
- Year 1211 (AtF): The Genasi and Dwarves go to war. The Ironside Wardens leave the Dwarven nation to defend the Genasi and honor the primal bond. The Genasai reward the Ironside Wardens for their loyalty and help them to forge a magical weapon. Elven Druids wielding the staff of natures vengeance cause the tiefling capital to sink into the earth, and all the area to be reclaimed by the forest. The council erupts in protest over the existence of the Staff of Nature with each race suggesting they should have it to protect the empire. Humans discover a massive sink hole that once contained the Dark Dragon Smoragdus. The sink hole now contains a magical tar called Atramentum. The Ancient Evil takes control of the Dragonborn summoned Ancient Dragon and uses it to destroy the Staff of Nature, resulting in mutual annihlation of both the Dragon and the Staff. The Elves do not believe the Dragonborn are innocent with regards to this plot. The Elven council member (a druid) argues that the only way to defeat the ancient evil would be to re-establish the arcane magical capacities of ages past. The council rejects this suggestion as a heresy. The elven council member claims to have additional artifacts even more powerful than the Staff of Nature, and leaves the council severing all ties.