- The once great Keep on the Borderlands stands as the last outpost between the far eastern reach of Dracosian civilization and the chaos of the Badlands.
- Stands atop a plateau (an area of highland consisting of relatively flat terrain, also called a high plain or tableland) that looks something like this: .
- Surrounded by a fresh water lake.
- Approach requires crossing a wide bridge known as the Kender Gauntlet.
- Bridge ends at a drawbridge, a portcullis gate, and a large entry chamber used to process visitors.
- A long spiral ramp wide enough for a wagon to traverse is carved into the rock, and makes its way up the mountain to the keep proper.
- Made up of a barracks, Officers Tower of Frandor’s Keep, mess hall,